The mission of academic advising at UNC Charlotte is "to assist students in achieving their educational and lifelong learning goals, through an interactive and educational partnership." With this mission in mind, the Department of Mechanical Engineering and Engineering Science strives to help students realize their potential and become successful engineers.
Following their academic advising experience at UNC Charlotte, students will be able to:
- evaluate personal interests and abilities leading to the creation of realistic academic and professional goals.
- access and navigate the University online resources and processes.
- develop an educational plan that leads to the timely completion of their educational goals.
- access University academic and student support services and resources.
- follow academic and administrative policies and procedures.
- develop the critical thinking and independent decision-making skills to make and accept responsibility for academic decisions.
- discover and integrate co- and extra-curricular activities and programs that enhance the collegiate experience.
Source: UNC Charlotte Advising Redesign Team. (2011). Advisor manual: Undergraduate academic advising for faculty & staff advisors. Charlotte, NC.
BSME Degree Tracking Spreadsheet with Major GPA Calculator
The linked spreadsheet is a tool that you should use to keep track of your progression in the BSME degree as well as your major GPA. You need to keep your overall GPA and your major GPA at or above 2.0 in order to remain in good standing.
In the spreadsheet, you must enter all courses for which you received a letter grade of A, B, C, D, or F. You must include all courses taken even if they are repeated, unless you implemented a grade replacement and it shows as a ‘QD’ or ‘QF’ on your transcript.